Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Bad Flower!

How cute are all the book page flowers going around Pinterest?  They are so stinking cute and the best part about them is…they never die!  Well, being that tomorrow is Valentine’s Day, I decided to make my son’s teacher some cute book page flowers and put them in a cute vase.  Which, I am sure many of you crafty people are doing as well, right?

So I pulled out an old book that I had just finished reading and was going to make these freaking adorable flowers made by Sunday Baker

                                                            Pinned Image

I thought how hard can it be?  I mean, everyone and their uncles are making them on Pinterest…it must be so easy! 

WHATEVER!  It was so flipping hard.  I could not make a single flower to save my life. The instructions were simple and easy to follow.  But nooooo, for some reason I could not do it!  Ugh, so frustrating. 

Being one to not give up, I searched Pinterest to find some other page flowers I liked, ones that I could easily follow.   Of course, I found quite a few, but once again, I FAILED! 

So, I said forget it, I will make my own version.  I am crafty and smart, I can totally come up with something awesome on my own!  And guess what??? 

Nope, you’re wrong. 

I was UNABLE to come up with anything that even remotely resembled a flower.  Why oh why, I ask, am I unable to make a flower out of a book page?  Does it take some kind of special talent that I obviously do NOT have? 

badflowers2

Here is the disaster that was suppose to be some pretty book page flowers.  I am not going to give up on the flowers…well, I am for today!  But, never fear, I will conquer these flowers.  Just you wait and see.

So, I guess I am off to Starbucks for a gift card for my son’s teacher!  Everyone likes Starbucks, right?  Umm…well, actually, I don’t.

                                                                           

PS. I totally know why I couldn’t make those flowers!  I was OUT of Hershey Kisses!  Phew, I am so glad it wasn’t because of my lack of talent, but the lack of chocolate in my body!

1 comment: