Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Tuft Love

If you could have one new piece of furniture for your house what would it be?  Most of you probably have an instant answer to that question…I know that I do!  For me, it would definitely be a new couch, but it has to be a tufted couch!  I lloooovvvee tufted couches, especially the ones in velvet!  They are so amazing! 

Since I am in the process of redecorating my house I am on the hunt for that perfect tufted couch/sofa.  What the heck is the difference between a couch and a sofa anyway?  Is there even one? The couch I have needs to go bye bye yesterday. We have had it for almost 10 years, and I can not stand it.  I have been looking for a long time for a new couch, but am quite cheap, so it is hard for me to spend the money on what I really like.  But…I just got a new inexpensive rug (thanks to HomeGoods) and am ready to take the plunge and purchase a new couch.  Thankfully, my husband has given me the green light to buy whatever couch I find, and he wants NO part of it.  How awesome of a husband do I have??? 

Now the hard part…finding the perfect ONE!!!  So the search/hunt is on, but unfortunately I have such a hard time making a decision! Also, my room that the couch will be going in is not that large and most of the couches I love are a little big for the room.   Luckily for me there is this little thing that I am obsessed with called Pinterest (Ever hear of it? hehe), that has made searching so much easier! 

 

Z Gallerie Royce Sofa.  I am really loving the shape of this and the velvet!

West Elm’s Chester Tufted Upholstered Sofa.  I like this one, but don’t love it.

Pinned Image

How flipping amazing is this sofa?  Gorgeous everything.  I don’t know where to get it though.  So frustrating!

Slate Tufted Sofa

Terrain’s Slate Tufted Sofa.  This one is perfect, but way above my price range.  Ugh!

Really, really, think this couch is the bomb!!!  Oh, and love the lights!  Only problem is can’t find where the couch is from and it would probably be way above my price range as well.  Lame!

West Elm’s Elton Settee in velvet!  This couch is great and it is a lot smaller than the others, but maybe a little too small?

Swedish Teak Sofa

Swedish Teak Sofa.  How gorgeous is this couch?  I know it is not tufted, but think the color and style is amazing!

So which one do you like the best?  I am totally undecided, they are all amazing couches.  They all have a different look/feel to them.  I need to figure out which would work best for my room and which is comfy.  I think that it is time to hit a few of the above stores and sit my little bum on each of the couches to see which is the best.  I will NOT buy a couch without sitting on it first!

Wish me luck as I sit on a ton of different tufted couches/sofas!  Once I choose and purchase the perfect one, I will post a picture of it.  Knowing me, it will probably be a while though, but it will happen! 

Oh and ladies, if you are wondering, the key to having full control of purchasing a couch, is to drag your husband to each and every store there is and having him sit on every couch, twice!!!  He will then want NO part of it!  Brilliant, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment