Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

What’s Tomorrow?

So…I am not the most organized person there is.  Not even close!  But, I have decided it is time to get organized and hopefully stay that way!  A girl can dream, can’t she?  

One part of organization is having a calendar where all appointments and obligations are written down.  Yes, I know, most everyone has a calendar on their ‘smart’ phone, but is it staring you in the face daily, reminding you and more importantly, your husband, what is happening?  I didn’t think so.  There are so many different DIY calendars out there that are awesome but I decided to do one that I saw on Pinterest by Lindy Cottage Hill using a picture frame and burlap. 

IMG_0858

After digging through my ‘junk’ in my garage I found this picture frame that I had purchased at a Goodwill.  I removed the glass and backing, which I used to size my burlap.  Burlap can wrinkle quite easily which it did when I cut it to fit in my frame. 

Do I iron it or not? 

Now, I abhor ironing.  In fact, I DO NOT iron.  Yes, I am sure you are all thinking about my poor husband who has to iron his own shirts.  But don’t feel bad for him, his dad taught him to iron and he is way better at it than I am!  Lucky me, huh? 

In the end, after much debating (in my head) I decided to iron it.  Next I sprayed an adhesive on my cardboard backing and stuck the burlap onto it. 

burlap cal

Straight lines and I do not get along.  Using a sharpie to make a chart was very intimidating to me.  I decided I wanted to add a ‘TO DO’ list and a ‘Birthdays’ section, since I am terrible at remembering birthdays!  And then I left a section blank to write other miscellaneous stuff in.

Next I wrote the days of the week and stenciled on my little design at the top.  I am not one of those women who have great handwriting.  In fact, my 7 year old son has better handwriting than I do. Ugh, so not fair.  Anyway, I did the best I can and thought I was doing a great job until I wrote birthdays.  Oh well…perfect is boring.  At least that is what I tell myself, to feel better!!!

Before I put my burlap back in the frame, I painted, sanded and stained my frame. Easy peasy!

burlap cal4

burlap cal6

burlap cal3

Notice the not so great handwriting next to the frame?  Yep, that is mine. 

The calendar turned out great…at least I think so!  My husband thought it was a great idea, but that I wouldn’t actually use it.  He thought I would do one month and then never change it!  I mean, come on, where is the faith?  Just to let you all know, I have changed it every month…so far!  So there!!!

Time to start your calendar!

                                                                         

2 comments: